Blog

How To Eat Cake And Drop A Dress Size

Tuesday, 11 October 2016 06:46

Years ago I would have been scared to eat cake. After I ate cake (or another food equivalent) I would think that I would instantly pack on the pounds, would feel guilty and then proceed to do extra training too burn off the "extra calories". From years of dieting I was scared of food. Scared of eating anything that wasn't considered "clean". I was even scared of eating fruit!!! That is how brainwashed I had become.


There are so many fad diets out there that cut out entire food groups of make you feel scared to eat something.
E.g
-No carb diets
-Clean eating diets
-Juice diets
-Meat free diets
-Low carb diets
-Low fat diets


By cutting out certain foods these diets become unmaintainable and unrealistic for most people's lives. As they cut out food groups they also cut calories drastically, often at damaging extremes. Sure they get results initially, but then when you start eating "normal" again or "fall of the bandwagon" and have a massive binge because you're craving that forbidden piece of bread, you tend to put all your weight back on, plus some!!!

So I am here to tell you why you should and how you can have your cake and still drop a dress size!!!

When your diet is balanced correctly you have all the right nutrients to have happy and healthy cells. When you're cells are happy, your hormones are happy, your body is happy and therefore more optimal at burning body fat.

How do you figure out a balanced diet for you?

By figuring out the right amount of calories and break down of macronutrients (how many carbohydrates, fats and protein you should be consuming daily) for your body type, your goals and from your previous dieting history. When the correct amount is calculated for you then basically you can eat whatever you want "as long as it fits your macros".

What does this mean?

There are no longer any "good" or "bad" foods. You can eat what you want (including cake) and still lose body fat as long as you hit your macronutrient targets every day!

How do you keep getting results?

Tracking is important!! Tracking your food intake, your compliancy, and also taking body measures each week is essential for optimal results. Most people need to "reverse diet" which basically means gradually increasing calories and macros each week in order to continue to lose body fat!!

Cake is " bad" for you right?? Then why should I eat it?

So I'm not telling you to eat cake every day, but I am telling you to maintain a balanced and sustainable diet that keeps you happy, healthy and also gets results!! When you know you can eat cake if you want and still lose fat, guess what happens??? You don't "crave" cake or want to smash a whole block of chocolate because you know it is ok to eat these foods occasionally!! When something is forbidden or cut out, you want it more right?

We don't advise including heaps of "crap food" in your diet, as it is not optimal for your health, but for the sake of preventing binging and still having some "freedom with food" when trying to lose fat having that ability to know you can occasionally eat it if you want to is great! The general rule is the 80:20 rule. Eat nutritious whole foods 80% of the time and then enjoy some "fun foods" for the other 20%! This method is great for the mind, body and for getting results!!

If you're keen to eat cake and drop a dress size then we would love to hear from you! Drop us an email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we can help you figure out your macronutrient gaols. Also check out our website for more info on counting macros!

Balance is the key!!

Mandy xxx